Wednesday, July 11, 2007

That was then...this is now

Today I received a marketing email from Veer. (Veer is a company that sells photos and typeface, etc. for design) I always love to receive information from them by email or in the post. Today's was especially good. Here is a link to "Type City" - beautiful.

This is the kind of thing that makes me want to be young and hip again (yes I was!). You know, dressed all in black, walking through the sun-speckled campus of PSU on my way to acting class after four hours of dance class. Sipping my latte. Knowing that later I would meet up with my long-haired rocker boyfriend at Hot Lips Pizza for lunch and then on to the Portland Art Museum. Yeah, I married the boy (and he still rocks on occasion). Yeah, I still dress mostly in black, and I am likely to break out in song and dance at any given moment. But we are parents now, upstanding citizens, business owners, home owners -- and this life is good. But I wouldn't mind going back for a visit (or two)!

OK, now go back to that link to "Type City" (take the tour and make sure the sound is on!), doesn't some of the typeface take your breath away?

No comments: