Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Bean There, Done That

Here in the Pacific Northwest we have had great veggie garden weather this summer! The flip side of that?

What do you do when this happens?









I found some great information about preserving green beans here.

But I started with this:











(yes, pickled with dill and lots of garlic!)

Then, some (blanched) for the freezer:









What's next? Blackberries!









I need to get some of these beauties onto a cookie sheet (one layer) and into the freezer! (just pop them into a plastic storage container after they have frozen and enjoy them all winter -- or autumn, anyway!)

2 comments:

Debi Ward Kennedy said...

Kelly, maybe you could dry the beans and string them onto wire, to make garlands and wreaths with??? (Hey, they do it with jalapeno peppers!!!!)

Are you heading to the WillowNest show on Saturday? If you are, have a great time!

Kelly said...

Deb! I love it -- You are so creative! Now, I have about 1,000 green cherry tomatoes still on the vine, whaddaya think ...!

Yes, I am going to try to get out to the Willow Nest sale. I always think, "this might be the last one".